Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Eternal Flame Burns Out

As you may notice, I redesigned the site. I was getting a little sick of the fire motif, and went for something new. I don't know how much I like this new style, but the options were limited. However, I love green and I like polka dots, so there you go. I have to figure out how to reinstall the "Weather Pixie" and my list of links, but other than that we're back to normal. The tagboard, along with the mailing list option, are now on the right of the page. It's all so purty!

I'll share my recent adventures tomorrow, but here's a couple quick notes. First, I've recently heard a country song on 99.9, sung by The Notorious Cherry Bombs, which features the refrain, "It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long. " Eloquent! I may have to start liking more country. Also, today's police blotter was AMAZING.

Man chases, then flashes women
JOLIET — A skinny, white man decked out in a black dress and pearl necklace flashed two young women after chasing them around the West Side early Monday, police said.
The women first noticed the man was tailing them on West Jefferson Street near Hammes Avenue about 4 a.m.
The man was driving a black minivan erratically as he pursued the women, who tried to give him the slip by turning south onto 129th Infantry Drive.
The minivan caught up while the women were stopped for a light at McDonough Street and Houbolt Road.
The man then emerged from the minivan, resplendent in his black dress and pearls.
As he approached the women, he lifted his dress and exposed himself, police said. The woman then fled and called the law.
Police said the man is white, about 5-foot-9 and thin. He has short brown hair and was wearing a black dress and pearl necklace.


I wonder if he got his pearl necklace at Heroes. . . Adios, and let me know what you think of the new design!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that the HN police reporter (can we go ahead and assume it's Hosey?) used the word "resplendent." Also, what the hell is going on in Joliet? Is it getting worse, or am I just imagining it? A stabbing here (sometimes over disputed dancing prowess), a shooting there, and now a formal wear flashing. Jeepers. And if one more person gets robbed at the Larkin Jewel, I'm moving, because it's the only convenient place for me to grocery shop. -Shannon

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!