Thursday, July 24, 2003

Jack Attack


I finally found a very special treat for the Whiskey Tango viewing audience: the
Jackhammer Jingle. I know I've mentioned this before, but now I've found it online. It's a must-listen! The song is written by Tim Placher, who wrote the Herald News columns about fine dining in Joliet earlier this summer, and the website has a few of his other columns. Anyway, the song is hilarious (my favorite line: "Secure your hard hats, put on protective gear!" and I don't know why they don't play it at the Jackhammer games. Speaking of the Jackhammers, their official website had me doubled over laughing today. Listed under July 17 on their calendar is Post Game Player Appearance: "Come to Heroes and Legends post game to meet some of our JackHammers players! This event is brought to you by Budweiser." I never knew that seeing the Jackhammers at the bar was a sponsored "event," I just figured it was a given.

In other random news (not much really happening this week, but I have to write something), I was again watching fun new cable at lunch today, this time the Nick Games and Sports Channel, which shows those old Nickelodeon game shows from when we were kids, like Double Dare, Finders Keepers, etc. The show was Get the Picture, a combination trivia/guess the picture game with the dumbest contestants known to man. Example, one question was, "What countries have the following monuments:Statue of Liberty, the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower?" The first team said New York for the Statue of Liberty. The host said, "I'm sorry, we're looking for the country." The other team's answer? "Manhattan." However, I was very amused by another question: "Van Halen has had two lead singers. Name them." One team did not attempt, and the other got David Lee Roth, but guessed Eddie Van Halen for the second. Somehow, noone knew about Sammy! The host gave the correct answer and quoted "I Can't Drive 55" in the process. Good stuff. Nothing else new going on here, the Heroes update will come tomorrow. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!