Thursday, November 11, 2004

99.9: Beauty or the Beast?

Just a quick radio note. I'm in the car, and a commercial for The OC comes on the radio. I leave it on because they're playing one of my favorite songs, "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers. I never listen to commercials, but I love this song so I made an exception. I flip the station to 99.9, and I hear the last note of a song. The radio announcer says, "That was Mr. Brightside by the Killers." I could have listened to the real version of the song, unfettered by Mischa Barton's "acting," but no. However, 99.9 did play Journey a few minutes later, so I felt a bit better. An addendum to yesterday's entry: the second song in the 88.7 tempting trio was not Oasis or Franz Ferdinand, but the old classic "All Over You" by Live. Our love is like wa-ter. . . Enjoy your Veteran's Day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

All I think when I hear "All Over You" is you singing, "Our love is ... like Wal-ter." Well, that and a certain WaterBeast wearing a Live t-shirt. Every. Single. Day.

12:52 AM  
Blogger DaGoose said...

The shirt: http://www.toponemall.com/tsrongedc.html

It's a little way down the page, and unfortunately no longer available, but you can see it in all its green glory. "The angel closes her eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes."

9:16 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Oh, green Live t-shirt, how long it's been since I've seen you and your red cross. We used to be so close. The video for "Lightning Crashes" freaks my shit out, btw.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!