Friday, January 07, 2005

Little Sister

On the radio earlier today-the above by Elvis Presley. Not a remarkable song, except for the fact that it was featured in an early episode of Full House. Jesse and Joey, babysitting for the Tanner girls, let the girls stay up and groove to the tunes of Jesse and the Rippers, who perform the Elvis favorite. Shannon and I just had an online debate about the lyrics of this song: is it "Little Sister, don't you do what your big sister does, did, or done?" I looked it up, and for you all of you dying to know, it's "Little Sister, don't you do what your big sister done." Elvis: not too grammatically adept. Shannon tends to be right about these things, we once had a debate about the Four Seasons song "Dawn," whether it was "Dawn, go away you're no good for me" (my version), or "Dawn, go away I'm no good for you" (Shannon's), and Shannon was correct. On the grammar tip, I am now a proud owner of a Hey! Hot Dog mug. Hey! Hot Dog, in a dead heat with Joe's for Hot Dog King of Joliet, (I give the edge to Hey! as I like their hot dogs better, plus the root beer is amazing, but I do like Joe's late night hours), makes awesome use of an exclamation point in its name. Shannon compares it to Naperville carb center Hot! Bagels. My mug is now among my most prized possessions.

Recent adventures. . .Monday night Shannon, Joe and I went to see Ocean's 12 (note: I asked the cashier for a ticket to Ocean's 11. Instead of humoring me, she said, "You mean Ocean's 12?" Obviously yes, I wasn't expecting them to be showing a revival). As I waited for Shanny and Joe to meet me, I noticed a machine that sold rubber band bracelets with sayings on them, I believe they were called "Image Bands" or something. Earlier in the day I saw similar bracelets at American Eagle, and all I could think of was (yet another Saved by the Bell reference): "Buddy Bands! Buddy Bands! Buddy Bands!" Yes, I know "Buddy Bands" were the headbands they made, and "Friendship Forever" was the brand of the bracelets, but still. In other SBTB news, they had a "Educational Television" category on Jeopardy the other day and one answer was: "This show featured the adventures of Zack, Screech, and their friends." Woo! Jeopardy also had a category this week that focused on the mothers of people named Joe, titled "Joe Mama." I love you Jeopardy.

Ok, back to Ocean's 12. The movie was pretty good, but not as good as the original (I mean the remake, I still haven't seen the old school one. And I call myself a Sinatra fan!) and a little too long. Rating: two and a half stars. However, Brad Pitt brought the eye candy. In trailers, we got a preview for a movie that was a pretty people overload, "Mr and Mrs. Smith" with Brad, Angelina Jolie, Vince Vaughn, and Adam Brody. Also previewed: a movie called Wedding Crashers with Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson. The preview wasn't overly hilarious, but I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.

I forgot to mention earlier: I got some scoop on what's going to be coming up at Sapphire in the New Year. Apparently Wednesday nights will be "Ladies Nights" with manicure/pedicures and possibly massage. This sounds fun, but I'll have to wait for my nails to dry before I get a drink. Also, will any guys show up to this? Are they going to hang out by the manicure stations or what? Either way, I'm quite curious to check this out.

I can't think of anything else new to report, but I'm expecting some adventures this weekend. More news later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Little Sister is a great song. "You've been a-growin' and, baby, it's been showin', from your head down to your toes."

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!