Friday, September 26, 2003

1, 2, 3, 4, Get Your Booty on the Floor


I don't have a lot of news you can use this week, but I did take a look at what Coolio's up to. According to his official website, which doesn't appear to be updated too often, Coolio had a couple concerts in Bend, Oregon in December of 2001. When I tried to click on the link to "For the Kids Videos," it said, "Coming soon! My bad!" Obviously the official site, picturesque as the layout of cds rotating around Coolio's head was, wasn't getting me much info. My Google search, "Whatever happened to Coolio?" led me to VH-1's site, in which an article from April 2002 gave me the scoop that he released an album last year. Some more research led me to the scoop that he's currently filming two movies: Dracula 3000 and Love Hollywood Style. I'm thinking we'll see Coolio's face emblazoned on many a DVD cover going straight to Blockbuster in the near future.

Other info: Went to Heroes last night with Melanie, it was surprisingly kind of crowded. We only stayed for an hour or so, nothing too exciting there. We had an encounter with a random lad from Manhattan who said f**k every other word, lovely fellow. We also saw a guy wearing a sweatband like a choker around his neck, either a fashion trend I haven't been privy to yet or he had a sweaty neck. Hopefully this weekend, which will include a trip to a "corn maze" and possibly a "corn fest," will bring more entertainment. In other news, I don't understand the business owners of J-town. I was driving down Jefferson the other day, and while I'm really happy that Senor Tequila's was open on the 4th of July for all those who want to be patriotic Margarita style, do we still need that info almost 3 months later? My other beef: Essington: Illussions of Beauty. Is the extra "S" for extra shampoo, or "skunk" highlights? Was "Illusions" already trademarked? Please, for the love of God, how do we expect the children to spell correctly if our beauty salons can't spell their own names right? As a former spelling bee champion, I'm a bit incensed. Ta-ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!