Wednesday, August 27, 2003

News You Can Use


What have we learned today?

1. Reggy's official website: There are scarier mascots than Reggy. Just look at the Blobsters. According to the website, "The BLOBSTERS are funny, friendly, frolicking air-inflated monsters. Tiki, Ker, and I. are pumped up and ready to provide your event with a real Blast! An evening with these inflated egos includes: Dancing, Bouncing, Licking, Eating, and Shaking (umpires, vendors, kids, VIPs and front office staff!!)" I am sorry, but mascots that lick, eat, bounce and shake people? I'm thinking this isn't a good idea, and maybe DCFS needs to get a call about child-eating blobs.

2. Dan:: Beer tastes better on weekends than it does on Mondays, but there may be exceptions. It's true, I definitely enjoy a beer on a Thursday more than I would on a Tuesday. I think it's the fact that it's almost the weekend, and you can enjoy going out and having a drink without feeling guilty about having a long work week ahead. On a recent Monday my neighbor Dan took his daughter Maggie to dinner at Chompers (yay Chompers!) and had some kind of German beer that he never had before and enjoyed it very much. He was confused by this, because of the aforementioned rule. The question is, was this just a really good beer that tastes good any day of the week, or was this beer so special that as good as it tasted on Monday, it would taste amazing later in the week? Dan has yet to test the theory, I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

3. Whiskey Tango Readers: Chompers needs more customers. I've had testimonials from Kelly, Wendy, Dan and Maggie, all in support of Chompers. While Kelly and Wendy also enjoyed the adult grilled cheese, Maggie "chomped" on the chicken fingers and thinks that they're the best chicken fingers in the Joliet area! However, all of our restaurant reviewers had the same observation: when they ate there, Chompers had little to no customers besides themselves. Maggie even wondered if her dad rented out the restaurant for her! Perhaps we can have a Whiskey Tango "Pack the Place" night at Chompers soon, I'd like to drum up some support for this place.

4. My website Site Meter: The internet moves in mysterious ways (oh oh oh). Check out some of the crazy searches people did that led them to my website:
Miniskirt pigtails (Were they looking for Kelly?),
exotic cameltoe (When regular old cameltoe just won't do)
stories locker slut (Shanny, will we finally solve the mystery?)
hot girl Whiskey Tango (Thank you, thank you very much)
melanie c's hairstyles of 2003 (Glad to see that Sporty Spice has not been forgotten)
17 year old all night bonfire party (Are we referring to Tim Wharry's graduation party in 1997? Good times!)

5. Police Blotter: Don't respond to a "Holla." Porque no? Check this out:

Teen allegedly beaten with baseball bats
JOLIET .. An 18-year-old boy told police he had been beaten with baseball bats by three teens while walking Monday around 1 p.m. on Eastern Avenue and Van Buren Street.
The victim suffered from a swollen left eye and facial bruising. He was treated and released from Silver Cross Hospital.
He said one of the attackers started shouting "Hey, I want to holler at you."
The victim said he did not have a good feeling and tried to run from the teens.


This is a warning I will definitely take heed of, as I have been "hollered at" in the past, check the 8/25/02 entry for full details. When I was "hollered at," I don't know if I had a "good feeling," I probably had more of a "confused feeling." I was definitely not aware that I would meet my doom if I "hollered back." Have a lovely hump day, one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!