Friday, August 08, 2003

Fashizzle



Ok, first thing, I found the best website ever: asksnoop.com. There's a thing on there called Tha Shizzolator; what you do is type in a website address and it translates the website into Snoop speak. Try it with my website, it's hilarious.

I forgot another odd thing from Alfa's the other night; Alfa's also has bar stools with engraved plaques for special customers. Again, I don't remember the names, but I will consult with Angie and get back to y'all.

Heroes last night was rather entertaining. We decided to have a theme night to make things more amusing, and our theme for the night was "Casual Night." Basically we wore pigtails, shorts, flipflops, t-shirts, etc. instead of the regular bar attire, and it was good times. Among the entertaining events of the evening:

1. Oh Hi Ho: Wendy and I passed by two guys. The guys told us we were "good looking," and explained that they were from Ohio and thus didn't usually encounter "good looking" girls. I asked if the girls in Ohio were ugly, and they concurred. I assume they were not employees of the Ohio Tourism Board.

2. Accessory Man: Nancy and I were approached by the same guy during different parts of the evening. He complimented Nancy on her flip flops and me on my "choker." I really would not describe my necklace as a choker, chokers make me think of those ugly ass lace necklaces with the cameos that were popular in 1993, but oh well. Perhaps this man was some sort of fashion consultant, a "Straight Eye for the Straight Guy" if you will.

3.Shout-Out, Part 3: A pal of "Legal Larry" came up to me and told me he had heard about the website. Alas, his modem had been down and he had not been able to check it out for himself. Guy Whose Name I Can't Remember, I hope that your modem will be repaired soon so you can check out the site and find this lovely shout out.

4.Dirty Dollar: Near the end of the evening we saw a dollar bill on the floor. We couldn't tell for sure if it was real or not, but it looked fake. I wanted to pick up the dollar, but Aaron warned me that it was too dirty. At one point the dollar disappeared and I accused (kindly, of course) fellow bargoers of taking the faux bill. Luckily it showed up again and I picked it up. Unfortunately, it was not Haunted Trails money or anything fun, just a fake dollar bill. I was disappointed, but not as much as the time that my mom and I were at Toys R Us and spotted a twenty on the floor. I picked it up and it was fake. The bill read, "Disappointed? You won't be if you trust in the Lord." Now I don't claim to know the secrets of the Lord, but I really don't think he wants his followers to scam people at Toys R Us.

5. Out of the Blue: Near the end of the night someone acquired a pen. Wendy used said pen to doodle a face (Mr. Pringle?) on the end of her hand, and I drew a face as well. I also decided it would be a good idea to have faces on my knees like Debbie Gibson used to do (unfortunately, I did not sport the ripped jeans or the little black hat). Side note: I met Debbie Gibson a couple years ago when she was in the musical Cinderella in Chicago. I told her I used to dance to her concert video when I was little. She told me that made her feel old. Sorry, Deb!

6.Service with a smile: Nancy and Megan and I were standing around, discussing how we needed to get beverages. Heroes was packed and it was very difficult to get served. I made eye contact with a couple guys sitting at the bar and smiled. Immediately they asked if we wanted drinks, and offered us shots as well. We got our beverages, thanked them and got out of the situation with no unwanted flirting or cheesiness. Yay for polite guys who give girls free drinks without being obnoxious. Thank you again, whoever you were!

7. Tall man, short pants: Sitting by the bar, our group spotted a fashion nightmare: a man wearing capris. Yes, you heard me correctly. This guy had on a tight black sleeveless shirt and white capri pants. He was a good looking guy and definitely getting a lot of attention from the ladies, but dude, capri pants? I think not.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I'll be back with more news on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Whiskey Tango: Tales From J-Town!